How to get the required width and weight of knitted fabric
A Reader has posed this query to me:
"We have difficulties in getting the required width and weight of the knitted fabric we make. In our knitting machine we are using guage 24, 100% cotton yarn, Ne 30/1.
1) What is the weight of the unfinished fabric we should make ?
2) shall we keep the unfinished knitted fabric (100% cotton) for a certain period of time prior the dyeing or bleaching process ? If yes, then how many hours ?
3) In the calendering process: shall we change the width of the fabric which we recieve from the dyeing process ?? For example, if the width of the knitted fabric after dyeing/bleaching is 88 cm. Shall we keep the same width during the calenderig process or shall we increase it ??
4) Shall we keep the unfinished knitted fabric for a certain period of time prior we transfer it to production (cutting & sewing) ??? if yes, how many hours ??
5) When is the best time for measuring knitted fabric weight ?? Is it immediately after the knitting process and after the bleaching process ?? or shall we wait for some hours or days till the fabric take it's final shape after both processes ??? "