- Highest Reactivity
- very important
- Used for steaming as well as non steaming fixation
- Can be used for resist printing also.
- Doesn't Mix with H and Supra Types dyes.
- The stock is not very stable and has to be used immediately after it is prepared.
- Lowest Reactivity
- Stable Stock
- Used only when fixation is done by steaming
- More reactivity than H
- High color fastness.
THICKNER USED IS SODIUM ALGINATE
2. TYPES OF PROCION PRINTING PROCESS
A. One stage process
1. Alkali present in the printing paste
2. Development is done by steaming or baking.
B. Two stage process
1. No alkali present in the printing paste.
2. Alkali used before or after printing
UREA IS USED IN CELLULOSIC PRINTING
In cotton it is 5-10%, in viscose it is 100-200 percent.
Urea has three purposes:
1. It increases the solubility of dye stuff with low water solubility.
2. Increases the formation of condensate necessary for allowing migration of the dyestuff from paste to the fiber.
3. Non constant operating conditions can negatively affect reproducibility if urea is not used.
Resist Salt- 1%
Alkali ( Soda Bi carbor sod carb)- 1.5%
Resist salt is used to prevent back printing.
How to make it
1. 1st Method
a. Mix all chemicals except water.
b. Add color by using high speed stirrer
a. Heat water by adding urea
b. Add color
c. Add thickning paste using High Speed Stirrer.
d. Add Dissolved alkali.
How to develop Color
1. One stage process
a. Steaming: for procion H and Supra- 5-15 min, for procion M- 15 seconds. - Moist Steam
b. Baking- Dry after printing & Baking. Keep concentration of urea more.
Procion M- 110 deg C, for three minutes for cotton and 140 deg C for viscose 140 for 3 minutes.
2. Two Stage Process
1. Flush Aging: No Alkali in mixture, can be done at high speed.
a. Dried printed fabric is pad in cold alkali solution with salt
b. It is than steamed
c. Good printing as done as there is no alkali.
d. Fixation takes only 40 seconds.
e. Printed cloth can be kept in warehouse without developing.
2. Air Hanging Process- Not useful for procion H
1. First unprinted fabric is padded with 2% soda ash and dried.
2. Make printing solution without alkali
3. Print 1 and 2 and keep in air for several hours.
3. Vat Development
a. No alkali in the mixture.
b. The cloth is passed through hot alkali solution after printing.
4. Pad ( Alkali) - Batching
a. First cloth is printed without alkali in the stock solution.
b. Then cloth is padded with sodium silicate ( 100 Tw)
c. Cloth is then batched for 3 hours for H and 10 mintues for M.
d. It is then washed and dried