Tuesday, 7 July 2009
How to Dye Using Indian Natural Dyes
To Dye the Fabric with natural dyes, we proceed as follows:
1. Take 20% Harda powder on the weight of material.
2. Make into a smooth paste , add about 10 liters of water.
3. Soak the fabric in this bath for 10-15 minutes.
4. Work it well and dry.
5. After drying remove the extra unfixed harda powder by brushing.
1. Take about 200 gms of alum or 50 gms of Potassium Dichromate or 200 grams of copper sulphate accoding to the color desired.
2. Add 20 liters of water
3. Mix well
4. Enter the Harda Treated material into the dyebath and work well
5. Keep of 10-15 minutes
6. Squeeze and wash once in plain water to remove excess of mineral salt.
Please see the "Developing of Color" Section of the article "How to Print Using Indian Natural Dyes" .