Thursday, 18 October 2007
Methods of cutting
The following points should be taken care of while cutting:
1. The blades must present very thin edge to the fibres so that high pressure may be presented to the fibres enough to shear them without stretching or deforming them.
2. All fibres must be severed to allow the blade to pass through the fabric and produce free standing cut parts
3. the Act of cutting dulls the blade, so blade must be regularly sharpened to renew the thin sharp edge.
4. The methods of cutting must not remove any material between the cut parts
5. Fabrics should return to their original shape after cutting