Textile material can be dyed using batch, continuous or semi continuous process.
Batch processes are the most common method used to dye textile materials. There are three general types of batch dyeing machines:
- In which fabric is circulated
- In which dye bath is circulated
- In which both the bath and material is circulated.
Jet dyeing is the best example of a machine that circulated both the fabric and the dyebath. Jet dyeing is used for knitted fabrics. For Terry-towels soft flow dyeing is use.
In jet dyeing machine the fabric is transported by a high speed jet of dye liquid.
As seen in the figure, this pressure is created by venturi. A powerful pump circulates the dyed bath through a heat exchanger and the cloth chamber. Cloth guide tube helps in circulation of fabric.
The vigorous agitation of fabric and dye formulation in the cloth increases the dyeing rate and uniformity. It minimizes creasing as the fabric is not held in any one configuration for very long. The lower liquor ration allows shorter dye cycles and saves chemicals and energy.
In soft flow dyeing machines the fabric is transported by a stream of dye liquor. However, the transport is
assisted by a driven lifter reel.
These machines use a jet having lower velocity that that used on conventional jet dyeing machines.
The soft flow machines are more gentle on the fabric than conventional jet machines.
The following are the features of a soft flow U-Type dyeing machine offered by Taxfab:
1. Machine pressure vessel and major wet parts made of stainless steel AISI 316/ 316 L, highly corrosion resistance material.
2. Heavy duty stainless steel centrifugal pump for optional dye liquor circulation. Highly efficient heat exchanger for fast heating and cooling.
3. A stainless steel filtering device placed in such a way for easy cleaning.
4. A unique design of jet nozzle can provide high discharge of liquore with subsequent pressure to ensure fast movement of fabric transport upto 300 Mtrs / Min., and the speed of fabric can be adjusted, required to desire quality.
5. A mirror polished fabric transport perforated basket for easy trouble free movement of fabric from back to the front of machine, perforated basket fabricated in such a way that welding part does not come in contact with fabric.
6. For preparing chemical, colour kitchen tank is provided made out of stainless steel 316, with required valves for auto dozing.
7. All valves is made of investment casting and is of stainless steel 3l6.
8.Electrical control panel with microprocessor to operate the machine is provided with pneumatic control circuits.
9. Magnetic level indicator duly calibrated for correct liquor measurement.
10. Take off reel with direct couple geared motor and stainless steel structure
11. All safety device required for a pressure vessel is incorporated with the machine.
A front view and side of the machine offered by them is as given below:
Now that you've finished reading this post, what are you going do? You should go join the Forum.