Friday, 21 May 2010
Rising Prices of Denim in India
1. Denim Makers have raised prices by 10-15% since beg of April
2. Most of them use cotton of fiber length of 12mm to 24 mm.
3. Raw material accounts for 50% of their input cost.
4. The price of SSC Kalyan V-797 have surged by nearly 25% to a level of 21000 per Candy from Rs. 17000 per candy.
5. Denim Prices have increased to 93-95 per meter from 84-86 Rs. per meter depending upon the quality. Also the prices have increased from 90-100 Rs. per meter to 110-115 Rs. per meter.
6. Margin is higher for those denim fabric manufacturers who buy cotton yarn instead of producing themselves.
Read the Full Article Here
Now that you've finished reading this post, what are you going do? You should go join the Forum.